Recent Posts

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Chicken Spinach Gnocchi

I had all these ingredients I wanted to use up tonight, and no recipe.  So I searched the interwebs and couldn't find exactly what I wanted.  So I just made one myself!  Basically here's what I did:


1 Chicken Breast
2-3 shallots
2 cloves garlic
1-2 tbs olive oil
1/2-3/4 cup frozen chopped spinach (from a bag)
1/2 a 25 oz (1lb 9 oz) bag of frozen gnocchi
7 strips of turkey bacon
3 tbsp cream cheese
1/3 cup fat free greek yogurt
splash of milk...maybe....1/8 cup?
1/4 cup shredded parm cheese

boil water for gnocchi and preheat oven to 350
microwave turkey bacon until crispy, about 5 minutes
sautee shallot in pan with olive oil
slice chicken breast in half lenghtwise, then slice each side into thin strips
once shallots start to soften, add chicken and garlic
put gnocchi in to boil once water is up, cook until they all float to the top, then drain and set aside
sprinkle frozen chopped spinach into pan.  Crumble bacon.
once spinach is thawed and incorporated, add bacon.  add cream cheese and yogurt
add splash of milk and stir until everything is creamy and incorporated
add gnocchi and stir until well combined.  add to square baking dish (glass), sprinkle with parm cheese and bake for 10-15 minutes

I didn't add any salt of pepper (the bacon is salty all on its own), and I think next time I'll make the sauce a little thinner by adding some more milk, because the gnocchi sucks it all up pretty fast!  I might even add some chicken stock.  Ooh!  Yeah I like that idea.  Oh, and maybe some sundried tomatoes, or diced grape tomatoes....mmm possibilities of deliciousness.....mmmmm..... :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment