Recent Posts

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Chicken with Lemon-Leek Fettuccine

I'm always taking pictures of the food I eat, but I keep falling behind editing them.  So I might just make a bunch of retroactive posts, to make up for lost time.  This was our dinner last night.  I've been trying to incorporate more veggies, and things I haven't tried before into our cooking.  Lately I've fallen in love with Leeks.  Like a giant green onion with a light mild flavor. I think they're fabulous!  I used this recipe from Cooking Light.  It's supposed to be linguine, but since I didn't have that I used fettuccine.  I used a little olive oil when I cooked my chicken, and didn't add more butter when I sauteed the leeks and garlic.  It brings all the brown bits up off the bottom and makes a wonderful light sauce.

  

This was really really good!  I indulged and just had pasta, but in the future I can make less pasta and add a veggie.  It's not as much as it looks like, because we usually eat dinner on luncheon plates.  It makes you feel like your plate is full so you can get away with smaller portions without feeling skimped.  I think I'm going to make this a part of my regular meal rotation

0 comments:

Post a Comment